Name: Yuvaraj J.
Designation: Scientist G
Division: Health Systems Research
Area of research(s): VPD, VBD, MCH, Surveillance, Tribal Health and Clinical Trials
- Contact: +91-44-26136210
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Completed projects (Extramural):
- A Household cohort in the MRHRU field practice area for Non-Communicable Diseases and risk factors, health seeking behaviour, morbidity and mortality patterns – Rural Cohort at Kalloor.
- Improving health and nutritional status of vulnerable segment of population by implementing multi-component health and nutrition education intervention as a sustainable model of intervention – An ICMR Task Force Study.
- Risk factors and characterization of cervical dysplasia among women beedi rollers of reproductive age group in Mukkudal Town Panchayat, Tirunelveli.
- Improving case detection and diagnosing the etiology of infectious fevers at primary health care settings under IDSP in Tirunelveli District- An Operational Research study.
Completed projects (Intramural):
- Determinants affecting adherence to iron folic acid supplementation among adolescent girls in Kallur PHC area
- Psychosocial Problems of Breast Self-Examination in Women in the Reproductive Age Group in the area of PHC Kallur
- VARISHTA NAGARIK SABHA"as a Sustainable Model of Community Based Rehabilitation to Enhance Quality of Life of Aged in Rural Areas
Ongoing projects (Extramural):
- Study of feasibility in establishing a Stroke Surveillance and Management System through Community involvement and Technology Use in Rural Tirunelveli (MRHRU Field Practice Area)
- Development of a community level intervention module for physical illness in patients with psychiatric illness
- Establish serial serosurveillance to monitor the trend of SARS-CO-V 2 , Dengue and Chikungunya infection transmission in the general population India – A Multicentric study.
Ongoing projects (Intramural):
- Prevalence of Ocular Morbidity and Identifying the Surrogate Indicators Among School Going Children in Kallur PHC Area.
- Otitis media in school going children and their health seeking behavior in Kallur PHC area
- Psychosocial Problems Among School going Adolescents in a Rural Area
- Social and Personal factors affecting leprosy in the rural community of Tirunelveli
- Etiological Profile and Antimicrobial Resistance among individuals with Urinary tract Infection attending Kallur Primary Health Centres
- Cohort of children attending schools in the MRHRU field practice area for morbidity and mortality patterns, risk factors and health seeking behavior
- Training of School Teachers as mode of early Identification of Neuro-Developmental Disorders Among Primary School Children in Kallur
- Effectiveness of Training for school teachers in early Identification of skin disorders among primary school attending children - An Experimental study
- Serial Maternal Hemoglobin estimations during antenatal period as an indicator of Foeto-Maternal outcome-a cohort study in South Tamilnadu during 2018-19
- Risk Prediction for Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes based on Bateman's Obstetric Co-morbidity Index in Indian Population
- Socio cultural and drug related factors associated with adherence to Iron folic acid supplementation among pregnant women
- Effectiveness of structure training of school going children in hand washing practice in improving hand hygiene